|Weapon Used||Large Claw|
|Habitat||Forests, Hills, Plains|
Origins and Distribution[edit | edit source]
The Cat People of central Allansia are a strange race of primitive humanoids related to felines. The origins of the Cat People are lost in the far distant past. Their own legends, told to curious scholars in their strange growling and mewing language, speak of a curse laid upon a race of Cats by a malevolent sorcerer, a curse that has forced them to inhabit Human bodies ever since.
Description[edit | edit source]
Cat People have heads that are Cat-shaped, with Human features offset by slanting green eyes, long teeth and whiskers. They have paws instead of hands and feet, which are equipped with sharp, retractable claws. They are covered in a smooth shiny pelt of short black fur.
Special Abilities[edit | edit source]
Cat People are very dexterous, and may sometimes be seen springing between the branches of trees at twilight, on the trail of their prey. Other than this acrobatic ability, they have no known special abilities.
Further Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is thought that the race of Cat People was more populous in earlier times; nowadays only a handful of tribes remain, split into hundreds of small family groups across the land. Their numbers are threatened even more in recent times, for they are hunted for their pelts by unscrupulous poachers.
- Cat People live on the small creatures they can catch, though they are not afraid of taking on larger beings, even Humans.
- Cat People is the only entry in Out of the Pit that uses the plural form of the creature's name. The singular form of their name is "Cat Person". The female singular form of name is "Catwoman". The male singular form of name has never been used in canon, but is thus likely to be "Catman".
- Cat People do value some personal possessions as a Catwoman encountered in Darkwood Forest was wearing two gold ear studs worth 5 Gold Pieces each.
- Cat People do sometimes venture elsewhere, as one has definitely been spotted in the bustling marketplace of the city-state of Kallamehr, in southern Allansia, on the shores of the Glimmering Sea.
- A Catwoman appears as one of the 100 creatures in the "Out of the Pit" bestiary in issue 2 of Warlock. She also occurs in that issue's Encounter Table for Castles.