Consisting of the five islands of Aven, Solace, Sunara, Takio and Tura, with Sunara being the largest, the Isles are located quite deep within the Black Ocean, and the nearest landmasses are actually other islands, most of them archipelagos too. Heading north-west from the Isles of the Dawn one would come across the Arrowhead Islands, while the Coral Islands are to the north-east. Directly west is Yotakami Island, while to the east are the Shark Islands.
Of the three great continents, the nearest one to the Isles of the Dawn is Khul.
There are some similarities between the inhabitants of the Isles of the Dawn and the inhabitants of Hachiman, and there may well be cultural and historical connections between the two regions. The Isles are, nevertheless, a strange place - customs and creatures have been encountered upon the Isles that have been found nowhere else on Titan.
Most of the inhabitants of the Isles of the Dawn are Humans. These humans tend to have pale skin, straight black or brown hair, and brown or black eyes with epicanthic folds. The majority of these Humans earn their living by farming or fishing.
The capital city of the Isles is Shoudu on the southwest of Sunara. The God-King, ruler of the Isles, lives there.  Following the events of Black Vein Prophecy, the current God-King is named Maior; he governs with the aid of his Grand Councillor of the Isles, Merzei. 
In the past, there were "strange peoples who dwelt on the Isles of the Dawn before the eruption of the volcano that sank most of them beneath the waters." These people worshipped a god called Arn. The people believed Arn created the the gods of the Celestial Court, and when they died their souls would ascend to the skies to join Arn. Arn is still worshipped as the patron deity of the archipelago, and the monks in the Golden Crane Mountains devote their lives to serving their deity.
The Remaining Islands
The remaining Isles are the following:
Sunara's largest city is the capital, Shoudu, which sits on the mouth of the Red River. The capital of the central province is the urban centre of Traole. The central province also includes the town of Yenshu, and the Golden Crane Mountains.
Flora and Fauna
- Paul Mason stated that he and Steve Williams based the names and society of the Isles on Ancient China.
- Terry D'Orleans published a list of Chinese-inspired weapons, suitable for use in a campaign set on the Isles, in The Warlock Returns Issue 1.
- Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World - 13
- The Crimson Tide - ???; Black Vein Prophecy - ???; Blacksand! - p.??
- Black Vein Prophecy - para. 8, 61, 276
- The Crimson Tide - pages 18–9, para. 1.
- Black Vein Prophecy - para. 13 8, 33, 90,
- The Crimson Tide - para. 111
- The Crimson Tide - 289, 198,
- The Crimson Tide - 289, 372
- Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World - pg. 113
- Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World - 24
- The Crimson Tide - 109, 374
- The Titan Herbal - pg. 50
- "Pieces of Masonry", by Alexander Ballingall. Fighting Fantazine Issue 11 (pp. 16-25)
- Terry D'Orleans, "Chinese-Inspired Weapons for the Isles of the Dawn", in The Warlock Returns Issue 1, (pgs. 12-15)